Drinking your morning cup of joe may help perk you up and get you moving. Did you know that a single cup of coffee can offer amazing skin benefits as well? It can! The number of coffee skin benefits is high. And you don’t need to sip on twenty cups a day to actually see the skin benefits of coffee. So, let's not waste another minute. Read on to see all the skin benefits of coffee we have discovered.
How are Coffee Skin Benefits Obtained?
First, before you think you can simply drink your coffee and reap all the skin benefits from it, let us tell you that you can’t.
Yes, the antioxidants in coffee you drink are helpful for your skin. However, most of the coffee skin benefits are seen when you apply it topically. That means you must make a paste from fresh coffee grounds and use it as a mask or scrub to see the maximum benefits.
Don’t worry, you can still drink your coffee like you used to. You simply need to use those coffee grounds in other ways as well!
The Coffee Skin Benefits You Will Experience the Most
There are many skin benefits of coffee. Today, we will be sharing the the most common benefits people experience when using coffee grounds externally.
Using a coffee scrub can be helpful in reducing the appearance of cellulite on your skin. The caffeine in the coffee basically dilates the blood vessels and improves blood flow.
The best part is the coffee scrub works as an exfoliant to smooth your skin.
The antioxidants in coffee will have a calming effect on your body when it is applied topically.
The appearance of sunspots, redness, and fine lines will lessen once you begin to apply coffee to your skin. Although, you can see some of those benefits from simply drinking your coffee every day.
Prevent Dark Circles
Dark circles under your eyes can make you look exhausted, even when you are not. The caffeine in the coffee can help dilate those blood vessels and prevent dark circles from occurring.
Our favorite way to use coffee to prevent dark circles is:
- Combine ½ teaspoon of coffee grounds with a ½ teaspoon of olive oil.
- Add in a couple drops of water to form a paste.
- Gently pat this mixture under each eye without rubbing it in.
- Leave the mixture under your eyes for between 5 and 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
- Repeat as needed.
After Sun Care
Sunburns are never fun. They are painful. Plus, you look like a lobster. If you want to soothe your burnt skin, we recommend whipping up a coffee-based skin treatment.
All you need to do is:
- Brew a cup of coffee and then dilute it with cold water.
- Place a soft cloth in the coffee and then wring it out.
- Dab the cloth, gently, on any sunburned areas.
- Repeat this several times each day until the sunburn begins to subside.
DIY Coffee Skin Treatments
Now that you know how many coffee skin benefits are available to you, it is time to share how you can make a few DIY coffee skin treatments. Every treatment we are sharing is simple to make. However, they should be made right before using. So, these aren’t things you can whip up in advance and use later.
Exfoliating Face Mask
- Mix ¼ teaspoon spent coffee grounds with 1 tablespoon yogurt.
- Gently massage the mixture over your face and neck.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes
- Rinse with warm water.
- Only use this exfoliating face mask once or twice a week.
Coffee and Sugar Body Polish
- Mix ½ cup granulated sugar with ¼ cup sweet almond oil and 2 tablespoons of spent coffee grounds.
- Massage the mixture over your entire body while in the shower.
- Rinse well.
- Take a little bit of spent coffee grounds and mix them with a little bit of coconut oil.
- Massage the mixture over your lips.
- Remove with a damp cloth.
Using coffee grounds on your skin is one of the best ways to keep it healthy. To receive the maximum benefits of coffee, we recommend mixing up the different items above and drinking your coffee too. This way, you will see the most coffee skin benefits possible. And you can embrace your glowing skin every time you reach for your coffee cup.